Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Part II

Photo ©copyright, 2002. Frantisek Staud

Read Part I

Camille fiddled with the antique dress ring she had picked up in the market that weekend as she waited for her document to open.

Buh dup: Hiya Camille. A little box in the corner of her screen bleated.

Ros!!! Camille typed back

Her phone began to ring. “Camille Delon,” she answered.

“Cammy darling, I can’t find the Triston Report.”

“I sent it last Thursday.”

Buh dup: Come down for a cigarette.

Give me a few minutes.

“I know, but I don’t know where I saved it. Send it again.” The voice whined down the phone.

Buh dup: It’s important.

OK. Wait.

“OK. I’ll just send it now.” Camille assured her boss.

Buh dup: Have you seen the news?

Ros! I’m working!

“Are you sending it now honey?”

“Yes.” Camille clicked open a new mail message and typed in her boss’s address.

“And can you check with the printers to see if the Dalware brochure is ready?”

Buh dup: I’m sending you the link.

Buh dup: Then come for a cigarette.

Camille flicked through her overstuffed diary. “Dalware is due Thursday Sara.”

“Yes, I know, but just so the printers don’t forget us.”

YOU HAVE A NEW MESSAGE FROM ROS popped up in the corner of her screen.

“The report?” Sara asked.

“Shit!” Camille muttered as she accidentally shut down her own mail message and somehow opened Ros’s. “Shit!” She said louder as her eyes widened. “Sara is Karen in today?”

“No! And the little bitch hasn’t even phoned in. Do you know something?”

“Meet me and Ros downstairs, now.” Camille clicked on the little printer picture.

On my way down now.

Camille and Ros were smoking furiously when Sara arrived. “Where’s the fire? You didn’t send me my report?” She nudged Camille’s arm. Camille handed over the print out.

“Promising Career of South West graduate ended in Jack the Ripper style killing.” Karen’s photo smiled out at Sara. “Well, I think saying that she had a promising career is a bit rich!”

©copyright, 2007. Verilion

Read Part III

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at 5:03 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: