Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Recollections of the Sea
Let us worship at the altar of the sea.
the sound of the waves rolling in
sssh
the wind whispering in my ears,
broar,
the sun beating down on my bones.
The sun setting behind the sea’s edges,
when the vermilions merge
and there’s no telling where the sky ends
and the sea begins.
The evenings spent in Mazatlan,
my head resting on my hands
hoping to see that elusive
green flash.
The moon rippling on the waves,
pulling them here and there
and me sitting hugging my knees
captivated by the splendour of it.
The sound of stones
plopping into the water.
The feel of salty spray
washing my face
as my fingers dangle in the wake.
My feet plunged in the water
being tugged by the current.
Come in, come further, let me cleanse you.


Copyright, 2007. Verilion

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at 10:56 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: